question about classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cloosh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm taking a couple language classes for fun this semester (already graduated, got my degree), and i was thinking about making them pass/fail, since i dont want to have to worry about getting As. would this look bad?

Members don't see this ad.

i'm taking a couple language classes for fun this semester (already graduated, got my degree), and i was thinking about making them pass/fail, since i dont want to have to worry about getting As. would this look bad?

You can use 1 or 2 P/Fs on non-prereqs and it's fine. I wouldn't use more than that (throughout your entire undergrad career).

What languages/levels? How difficult are the professors? How good are you with languages?

Members don't see this ad :)
What languages/levels? How difficult are the professors? How good are you with languages?

they are upper level spanish classes. i kind of want to learn the language a bit better for communication purposes. plus i enjoy it. it's 5th semester spanish, so fairly high up. i haven't taken spanish in about 4 years, so i'm rusty, and i dont know if i can get As this semester. i could definitely get Bs, but i dont want Bs... i've also taken italian (6 semesters worth). one of the teachers is fairly tough, and i've been averaging a high B so far in both of the classes.

bump. any advice would be great. thanks.

i think taking them pass fail is completely fine if you already graduated. I graduated in the spring and am taking a conversational language class at a nearby community college, and its not for a grade. Personally, I don't think it matters since they only reason I'm taking it is to learn the language, not for the credits or grades.