Question about contact info for an activity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulFuturePsych

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post on SDN and I'm rather nervous, but I'd love to just get some advice! I'm a post bacc student and I started volunteering at a non-profit mental health clinic in 2017 all the way up until March 2020 when COVID caused the clinic to close down. I really loved this experience and want to put it on my applications, but I'm worried about the contact info section for the activity. The email address and phone number that I had for them is no longer valid and I'm worried about how it may look to medical schools if they attempt to contact that activity. For that reason alone I've considered leaving the activity off my application completely, but again the experience was awesome and provided some valuable experience for me.

I was wondering if I should list myself as the contact for the activity and just explain the situation in the description box or just list the old contact info I had prior to shutting down? Sorry if it's a confusing question, but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out the best course of action and any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank y'all so much for any assistance you can offer! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Its fine to list yourself for a few activities. I would not address it in the description box as this would be better used explaining the activity. If programs have questions about it you can work to gather additional documentation and evidence. Certainly it is better to have accurate contact info but schools understand that sometimes this is not possible.

Hi everyone! This is my first post on SDN and I'm rather nervous, but I'd love to just get some advice! I'm a post bacc student and I started volunteering at a non-profit mental health clinic in 2017 all the way up until March 2020 when COVID caused the clinic to close down. I really loved this experience and want to put it on my applications, but I'm worried about the contact info section for the activity. The email address and phone number that I had for them is no longer valid and I'm worried about how it may look to medical schools if they attempt to contact that activity. For that reason alone I've considered leaving the activity off my application completely, but again the experience was awesome and provided some valuable experience for me.

I was wondering if I should list myself as the contact for the activity and just explain the situation in the description box or just list the old contact info I had prior to shutting down? Sorry if it's a confusing question, but I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out the best course of action and any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank y'all so much for any assistance you can offer! :)
Use the old Contact information and add a comment at the end of the narrative that "Clinic closed in 2019." Adcomms know how to contact you if they want clarification.