Question about cosmetic bonding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D1Bound

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks I'm a pre dental student so I am asking this question here. I have wanted for a while now to have a bit of composite bonded to one of my lateral incisors in order to even up my smile a little bit. My past two dentists have always discouraged me from having it done and seemed rather unwilling to do it. One said that it wouldn't last very long and would eventually result in having a crown placed over the tooth. Could someone elaborate a little more on this for me? It isn't so bad as to warrant a veneer, but I do notice it and I would like to do something about it. I both brush and floss often and am definitely willing to take care of the work done.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks I'm a pre dental student so I am asking this question here. I have wanted for a while now to have a bit of composite bonded to one of my lateral incisors in order to even up my smile a little bit. My past two dentists have always discouraged me from having it done and seemed rather unwilling to do it. One said that it wouldn't last very long and would eventually result in having a crown placed over the tooth. Could someone elaborate a little more on this for me? It isn't so bad as to warrant a veneer, but I do notice it and I would like to do something about it. I both brush and floss often and am definitely willing to take care of the work done.
Might be an issue with the way your teeth occlude. If that's the case, an incisal composite may not have the longest life to it - your bite may dislodge it. Just speculating here.

Big Hoss

Status
Not open for further replies.