Question About Credit Load

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seatown1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I've got a pretty brief question in regards to the number of credits I should be taking until graduation. I'm a Senior and my university is on the quarter system. Before the year began, I had 36 credits to complete, which averages out to 12 cr. per quarter. I have been studying for the MCAT and plan to take it in January 2014, so I just stuck with 12 credits this quarter (Autumn) and took easier classes.

I am debating on whether I should just do 12 credits each of the next 2 quarters OR take a heavier load next quarter in the Winter. My main concern is that I do not want Medical Schools to look at my transcript and think "oh he took his senior year easy by just doing 12 credits per quarter." What are everybody's thoughts on this? Does it matter?

Given that my Winter quarter begins in early January and my MCAT is scheduled for January 23rd, there are a good 3 weeks of the quarter that I'll be studying hard for the MCAT. So it may be beneficial to do a lighter quarter again. I do need 2 Physical Chemistry classes to graduate, which I will be beginning in the next quarter. P. Chem is a difficult, time-consuming class.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just realized I kind of did a brain dump when making my post...hopefully I didn't confuse you all.