Question about Creighton's question..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ookluh

Don't Listen to Me
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you guys consider Public Health or Epidemiology sciences? I'm inclined to think Epidemiology is, whereas Public Health may be more an interdisciplinary blend.

The reason I ask is, I'm wonder if you guys think either of these classes would fit Creighton's prompt of:

.Describe a non-science course and/or professor that has had a major influence on your:
A: Desire to become a physician, or
B: Approach to the practice of medicine..

Members don't see this ad.

Would you guys consider Public Health or Epidemiology sciences? I'm inclined to think Epidemiology is, whereas Public Health may be more an interdisciplinary blend.

The reason I ask is, I'm wonder if you guys think either of these classes would fit Creighton's prompt of:

.Describe a non-science course and/or professor that has had a major influence on your: .
.A: Desire to become a physician, or .
.B: Approach to the practice of medicine..
I was in the same situation (I'm also an Epi student). I think what theyre getting at when they say "non-science", though, excludes medically related courses. To me that excluded most of my MPH classes bc it seems too obvious how an MPH class would influence your desire for, and approach to, medicine. Will Creighton really care in the end? Maybe not, but I ended up writing about an Anthro prof of mine just to be safe.

I just wrote about my ethics class...I really do not think it needs to be a class that has anything to do with medicine.

Hmm, wish I had taken that ethics class after all. Seems like that would fit, and not really be 'bending' things. I could write a lot about the Public Health course I took, but I guess you're right.. that seems pretty obvious and probably not really what they're looking for. I'll try to think of something else - thanks for the input!