Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am a little confused about how to differentiate between Lewis acid-base reaction and a redox reaction. On the TPR science work book, the question asked about chelation, and the answer key described it as :
"a process of forming a coordinate covalent bond between a electron pair donator and an electron pair acceptor. Therefore, chelation is nothing more than a Lewis acid-base reaction."
so to me that answer sounds just like a redox reaction. So I was wondering if one of you could please clarify how to recognize a redox vs a lewis acid base reaction.
Thanks
"a process of forming a coordinate covalent bond between a electron pair donator and an electron pair acceptor. Therefore, chelation is nothing more than a Lewis acid-base reaction."
so to me that answer sounds just like a redox reaction. So I was wondering if one of you could please clarify how to recognize a redox vs a lewis acid base reaction.
Thanks