Question about Duke Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longhorn

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the reccomendation section it states:

Please provide the names and appropriate information for the four persons who will be providing recommendations for you.

Does this mean the people who make up our pre-med committee or can we send them up to four outside recs from other people?

Also, does anyone know how stringent the two science letter are? I have only one science letter from a prof at my school and one from my PI who works elsewhere. Hope this is ok.

Members don't see this ad.

don't really know the specifics about duke, but usually they want you to list the individual recommenders if you aren't turning in a committee letter -- not the people on your premed committee. if you have a committee letter usually you just list that you have a committee letter and that's it.

you should really get more science recs. most schools require 2 and i think some might require 3. the p.i. will probably not count as a science letter at some schools unless you actually had that person for a class.