Question about ecfmg certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dusselas

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for FMGs. After I send ecfmg my final transcript and take and pass Steps 1, 2CK, 2CS, how long does it take for ecfmg certification? Also, is the ecfmg certification done automatically after I complete all of the requirements or do I have to ask for the certification?

Members don't see this ad.

This is a question for FMGs. After I send ecfmg my final transcript and take and pass Steps 1, 2CK, 2CS, how long does it take for ecfmg certification? Also, is the ecfmg certification done automatically after I complete all of the requirements or do I have to ask for the certification?

The ECFMG certification is not done automatically. You have to fill out a few forms that you can print from their website. They will also need a copy of your diploma. After ECFMG receives your paperwork, they will mail a request to your school to varify that you graduated. For me the process took 3 weeks, but it may take longer depending on your school's location and how fast they work.

What if ECFMG already has my diploma and has already verified it with my school? Shouldn't the certification then happen as soon as I've passed all the required Steps?

In your situation, once you have passed the last exam and got your result, you'll receive your ECFMG certificate in mail automatically in about 2-3 weeks. Good luck!