question about faxing DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsshin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, I read in some of the threads and found out that some of the schools you can just fax your DAT score... Which schools can you fax DAT score?
And do you just write DAT score on a piece of paper and fax them in?????curious... Also, is this money saving and faster than using ADA and pay 25$?

Members don't see this ad.

You can fax your unofficial score report that you received at the prometric center right after you took the exam to some dental schools. This way they may start reviewing your file. However, you still need to request the ADA to send the OFFICIAL score report to each school. You will still need to pay the $25 per school.

NYU and CASE were the only ones so far that accept faxed unofficial score reports on my school list. Even then, NYU told me they are still gonna wait for the official reports. All i got was a "good job on the DAT" email from them lol.

Nova already invited me for interview though simply by listing my unofficial DAT score reports on their secondary without a faxed copy.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you just write DAT score on a piece of paper and fax them in?????curious...

:laugh: I wish it was that simple. You still have to request scores to be send from ADA. Actually, they do not send anything. For $25 they give a dental school online access to your scores from their database!

:laugh: I wish it was that simple. You still have to request scores to be send from ADA. Actually, they do not send anything. For $25 they give a dental school online access to your scores from their database!

No they also send them a hard copy. All schools require a hard(official) copy.

No they also send them a hard copy. All schools require a hard(official) copy.

If they do, then the rep at ADA lied to me. I called them last week to see if they sent my scores and that's what the lady told me.

If they do, then the rep at ADA lied to me. I called them last week to see if they sent my scores and that's what the lady told me.

She said that they dont send out hard copies anymore??? I highly doubt thats true, she probably just meant that they are available online, which is a new thing.(I think) But i do know for sure that they send hard copies out and that all D-schools require hard copies.

And if by some chance that is even remotely true, then damn ada is seriously robbing us.

She said that they dont send out hard copies anymore??? I highly doubt thats true, she probably just meant that they are available online, which is a new thing.(I think) But i do know for sure that they send hard copies out and that all D-schools require hard copies.

I asked her specifically if they send out hard copies.