Question about filling out AMCAS clinical experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnm10

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have worked as an EMT-B on a rig for 600 hours and am currently now working as an ER tech at a hospital (so far 300 hours, projected by application like 800ish hours). Should I group these experiences together as one entry on AMCAS? If so would I list the both the ambulance company and hospital ? Not sure if its better to separate these two or not for the sake of making another entry available. The work I have done in each job is different but have SOME overlap

Members don't see this ad.

Do you need to put them together because you have too many experiences? I would list them separately, especially because the EMT experience that you accumulated 600 hours in should have some good stories/reflections to share on your application,

I think either would be fine if you are really hurting for experience slots. If you're putting stuff like dean's list and multiple separate awards, etc., then I'd just list them separate.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd recommend separating those two experiences even if it means leaving off unimportant "honors" such as Dean's List. (Dean's List goes without saying if you have a GPA good enough to get your application looked at).

Reactions: 1 user
Do you need to put them together because you have too many experiences? I would list them separately, especially because the EMT experience that you accumulated 600 hours in should have some good stories/reflections to share on your application,
yes, i have other volunteer experiences i would want to elaborate on and ones i think would diversify my application. Im not concerned about the awards section or anything like that as I am grouping awards together @LizzyM @cj_cregg

Reactions: 3 users