Question about final grades after acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wisung

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I'm applying as a junior so my senior grades won't be included in the AMCAS. I know once you're accepted to med school, they will ask for your final transcript. I was wondering, will they rescind their offer for very low grades? I mean, if I pass with a C grade, will that be okay? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, just to be on the safe side, you should do well in all your classes; however, a C in a class or two that aren't requirements/suggested classes won't kill you. However, a C in classes that are listed as such might have them glance over their decision again. Then again, I don't know if it would make them rescind your admission. Just my opinion.

hey guys, I'm applying as a junior so my senior grades won't be included in the AMCAS. I know once you're accepted to med school, they will ask for your final transcript. I was wondering, will they rescind their offer for very low grades? I mean, if I pass with a C grade, will that be okay? Thanks!

Med schools won't rescind your acceptance if you get a C. They probably won't even rescind it if you get straight C's, but I wouldn't recommend doing that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting a C might mean you have to give them an explanation, but i'm pretty sure won't make you lose your acceptance. I got a C after getting accepted and wasn't asked anything. Getting a D or F, however, is a different situation :(

You need to get C's after you have been accepted. As long as you get C's in your second semester senior year, I have never heard of an offer being rescinded. Still, if you plan to go to med school maybe slightly higher grades would be advisable...
However, med schools will normally ask to see your first semester grades from your senior year. So you need to do well then.

Bottom line--> If you really need to do well first semester senior year and then you can slide a little second semester. However, if you are going to med school you should get used to working hard:). Good luck!

On a smiliar note, how is a W grade regarded after acceptance?

I had a W on my final transcript. I called and asked my admissions office and they told me that as long as it was not in a pre-req they did not care. They acted like it was no big deal, but if you really want to know I would call the school.