• SDN Site Updates

    Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.


New Member
Apr 26, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hi, I was interested in possibly going to school in The Netherlands and getting a bachelors in Physical Therapy. Now I know that if I came back to the states this would not qualify me as a physical therapist here, but does anybody know if I would be still able to get a job a physical therapy assistant?

And also, if I wanted to eventually pursue my Masters, do you think there may be any issues in applying with a foreign degree?

Any experience or knowledge about degrees abroad would be extremely helpful! Thanks!
Last edited:


Full Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapist


Full Member
Feb 2, 2012
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I looked into this a bit at one point but I was looking at schools in Australia.

Here is a link that will talk about what you have to do if you are educated outside of the United States: http://www.ptbc.ca.gov/applicants/credential.shtml

Basically you have to demonstrate that your program is equivalent to those in the US and make sure that there are no educational deficiencies.
About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.