Question about Grade from Grad School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeanieA

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,This is my first post on here...but anyway, I have a question about a grade of my from last quarter and what I should I do.I just started the MPH program this past fall, and have done extremely well up until last quarter I messed up in my Biostats class and got a C+ b/c I was too busy studying for the MCAT.The proffesor said I can re-take it next winter and he will replace my grade.But the problem is what should I do when I apply this summer?,Should I explain this situation somewhere and what can I tell the med schools so they won't hold it against me?..

Members don't see this ad.

BeanieA said:
Hi All,This is my first post on here...but anyway, I have a question about a grade of my from last quarter and what I should I do.I just started the MPH program this past fall, and have done extremely well up until last quarter I messed up in my Biostats class and got a C+ b/c I was too busy studying for the MCAT.The proffesor said I can re-take it next winter and he will replace my grade.But the problem is what should I do when I apply this summer?,Should I explain this situation somewhere and what can I tell the med schools so they won't hold it against me?..

you can submit your transcript to the schools as an update. I dont see anywhere you can explain that specifig grade anyway, they'll just look at your total GRAD GPA. I dont think they'll dig that deeply.