Question about in the area requests?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inasaur

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got an II from a school in New York. I'll be driving up from the South. Should I just stick to sending ITA requests to other schools in NYC, or can I also send them to schools in Philly and Connecticut, which are about 1-2 hours away driving distance.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an II from a school in New York. I'll be driving up from the South. Should I just stick to sending ITA requests to other schools in NYC, or can I also send them to schools in Philly and Connecticut, which are about 1-2 hours away driving distance.
One of the Manhattan Titans????

Members don't see this ad :)
If your MCAT is < 516, I don't think it's worth bothering them.

I'm really not a fan of the ITA thing. It comes across as "Can I jump to the head of the line?" My perception is that it only works for superstars.

My MCAT is 524 and my GPA is 3.88. Worth a shot?

Going back to my original question though, should I just stick to ITA requests for schools in NYC? Or can I send them to other Northeast schools within driving distance?

Going back to my original question though, should I just stick to ITA requests for schools in NYC? Or can I send them to other Northeast schools within driving distance?

I had an interview in MD and sent an ITA to a school in the Philly area and said it is difficult to schedule leave/time off with short notice, and since I'm already going to be in the area for that interview, if they were planning on interviewing me anyway, it would be nice to get a date around that time. They emailed me an II the next day.