Question about Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shukakuz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my professor asked me if I could use interfolio as an upload source rather than the AMCAS letter writing system. I poked around what interfolio was (didn't look into it when I saw the name pop up before) and got a few questions for those that have experience:

1. Does interfolio act like a cache of letters of recs/documents for the student/applicant? (That's my impression of it, but confirmation if it is correct would be nice)

2. Since AMCAS does not store letters for re-applicants, can I save the letters through interfolio and use them to re-apply if needed be?

3. Does Interfolio only send the letter once or does it store a copy in its database so that I can send it as many times as I need to? I saw a thread where someone was using interfolio for a graduate level program that's not MD, and I felt that may be a possible scenario for me if I do not get accepted.

4. Comments on interfolio use?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Members don't see this ad.

So yes, interfolio stores letters permanently and exists as a "copy", meaning you can send them out multiple times. Interfolio doesn't distinguish application cycles; people use it for a lot of different things. I've had my resume stored on it for 2.5 years.

Very easy to use: you just attach your AMCAS/TMDSAS/AACOMAS ID to letters and send them out. When I submitted them to TMDSAS/AACOMAS they were all received and verified same day.

I would HIGHLY reccomend using interfolio. Simplifies things tremendously.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
1. Basically. It acts as a holding safe for your letters. And then you can send them to AMCAS or AACOMAS when you wish.
2. Yes as long as you pay for the additional year.
3. It sends it when you request it to be sent, but it still holds a copy of your letter/document
4. I used it. It seems to work better for AMCAS than it does for AACOMAS. I'm not sure if I got screwed or what, but I had to pay $4 per letter (i had read on here that it's just $4 for your first letter... but hey, it's the start of a long and expensive app cycle).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Yes, Stores a copy

I thought Interfolio was the second best 25 bucks I ever spent (after the MSAR). Worked like a charm, great customer service, transmitted my letters in like 12 hours total.

1. Basically. It acts as a holding safe for your letters. And then you can send them to AMCAS or AACOMAS when you wish.
2. Yes as long as you pay for the additional year.
3. It sends it when you request it to be sent, but it still holds a copy of your letter/document
4. I used it. It seems to work better for AMCAS than it does for AACOMAS. I'm not sure if I got screwed or what, but I had to pay $4 per letter (i had read on here that it's just $4 for your first letter... but hey, it's the start of a long and expensive app cycle).
Nope you didn't screw up. 4$ per letter for AACOMAS. Someone on here made a comment that insinuating that interfolio is a subsidiary of AACOMAS. I can't really attest to the veracity of that, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

I saw that I can also put my transcripts on there. Would it be a waste of money to send it via Interfolio rather than the school directly? Or rather, does AMCAS and TMDSAS accept transcripts through Interfolio?

By the way, does anyone have an offer code for Interfolio? Struggling full-time working pre-med here :(

Thanks for the info gonnif. By the way, I saw the link on your signature and I love how the site is named "oldpremeds.org"!

OldManDave sounds like my new underdog hero.