question about interview and rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to 11 schools, and have received interview invitations from 4 (Harvard, Duke, UCSF, UC Irvine), and have heard nothing at all from the other 7, except that my application is complete. Given that the only schools to contact me thus far have offered me interviews, does it seem likely that I'll receive some more interview offers from the remaining 7, or are schools in generasl slower about mailing pre-interview rejections than they are about mailing interview invitations? I know there are no absolutes, but I'd like some opinions...

Members don't see this ad.

does it seem likely that I'll receive some more interview offers from the remaining 7,

yes, considering u got interviews from good schools, u have the credentials, just wait

Well if you got interviews from those schools, just wait a little longer and I am sure the others will be on their knees begging you to come...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey bjc, I was wonderin' when you sent in the secondaries for Harvard and Duke, and when you received the invitations. :) I submitted in late November and haven't heard back, and I'm hoping that they're still sending out invites. Thanks! :D

Zulqarnain

I don't remember exactly when it was, but it was pretty late for both of them. I think the both sent me secondaries in late-Nov, early-Dec and said "return in 2 weeks."