question about last week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HailToTheThielf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok....I feel strong in PS and BS section tests. Average score is around a 9. I think that by studying my flash cards and getting good sleep I can probably get a ten, maybe. Verbal is another story. My highest score has been an 8. Usuallly get 7 but got a 6 on Kaplan KLP1. All these are Kaplan tests by the way. I am planning on not doing too many section tests for PS and BS this last week. I'll probably do test #10 or 11. I do plan on taking a VR sec test everyday up until thursday with friday being a rest day. From ur experience do you think that this is a good idea? Meaning will I burn out? I work a full time job 8-5 and I have been studying my butt off for the past 3 months. I took FL#5 today, but I felt burnout.....I was exhausted. I felt like I couldn't think that clear, like my mind was slowed down. I still managed to get a 9 on PS and 8 in VR. But I need to bring up that VR score!!! Is it right to think that its pretty much level from here on, meaning there isn't much I can do to improve on the sciences since there being one week left and I should just conentrate on VR and only review flash cards for the sciences? Or should I keep working on my sciences as well? Any advice is much much appreciated. Thanks and good luck next week!

Members don't see this ad.

Im in the exact same boat. Job, practice scores leveling out, feeling(and people telling me Im burnt out), anxious. Personally, and you may think Im nuts, I think you should let your PS and BS go for the next week. Look over things here and there. Kinda like a booster shot. Dont do any full sections or too many passages for that matter. For verbal on the other hand, I have a few suggestions as how to bring up your score. It worked for me, so dont knock it. No TV for the next 6 days. Pick up this weeks Economist and see how much you can get read in your spare time at work (I hope my boss doesnt find this post somehow). Do a verbal passage or 2 first thing in the morning, before dinner and right before you go to bed. Time yourself on every section and note which types tend to drag you down the most or make your mind wander.
I think verbal is the section where you can do the most "conditioning". In the others you have to actually know and apply information, but verbal is solely testing your brain's ability to recognize and decide. Best of Luck. I hope you bring yer #'s up.

Cheers