• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

subgingival1975

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
On U Maryland's website, it says that one's 2 science rec letters should be from a chemistry and biology professor. Does anyone know if this is a hard requirement? I have a physics professor who knows me much better than any biology professor, so I am planning to use chemistry and physics professors for the letters that I submit to AADSAS. Will Maryland have a problem with this? It seems like it is in their best interest to get letters from the science professors who BEST know a person. Thanks for your help!

CMistry

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
Gaithersburg, MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
On U Maryland's website, it says that one's 2 science rec letters should be from a chemistry and biology professor. Does anyone know if this is a hard requirement? I have a physics professor who knows me much better than any biology professor, so I am planning to use chemistry and physics professors for the letters that I submit to AADSAS. Will Maryland have a problem with this? It seems like it is in their best interest to get letters from the science professors who BEST know a person. Thanks for your help!

If you do the composite health committee letter through your school, it is NOT a fixed requirement. I had one biology and one physics professor and got in.

-Cyrus

DentistRob

10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I used two Biology teachers and I don't think that it was a problem. I interviewed there and nothing was mentioned about it.

GatorDDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
i had 4 letters of rec from Human nutrition, Human physiology, Liberal arts teacher and a dentist and i got in

edit: and genetics

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.