Question about LOR's for U Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subgingival1975

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On U Maryland's website, it says that one's 2 science rec letters should be from a chemistry and biology professor. Does anyone know if this is a hard requirement? I have a physics professor who knows me much better than any biology professor, so I am planning to use chemistry and physics professors for the letters that I submit to AADSAS. Will Maryland have a problem with this? It seems like it is in their best interest to get letters from the science professors who BEST know a person. Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

On U Maryland's website, it says that one's 2 science rec letters should be from a chemistry and biology professor. Does anyone know if this is a hard requirement? I have a physics professor who knows me much better than any biology professor, so I am planning to use chemistry and physics professors for the letters that I submit to AADSAS. Will Maryland have a problem with this? It seems like it is in their best interest to get letters from the science professors who BEST know a person. Thanks for your help!

If you do the composite health committee letter through your school, it is NOT a fixed requirement. I had one biology and one physics professor and got in.

-Cyrus

I used two Biology teachers and I don't think that it was a problem. I interviewed there and nothing was mentioned about it.

i had 4 letters of rec from Human nutrition, Human physiology, Liberal arts teacher and a dentist and i got in

edit: and genetics