question about lors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimimi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I responsible for getting my pre health committee to send in committee packets to each school not participating in online submission, or does AMCAS send them to each school automatically?

Members don't see this ad.

Unless the med school is participating in the new AMCAS LOE service, you must request that your pre-health service send out your letters to each individual school (they should be familiar with the process, this is how it's always been done).

Are you sure about this? Wouldn't this mean that schools will screen you out before they even obtain your LORs? Why would the prehealth committee wait until you started receiving secondaries until they sent out the packet?

Why would the prehealth committee wait until you started receiving secondaries until they sent out the packet?

This has nothing to do with your original question...you asked if your undergrad school was responsible for sending out your LORs to individual med schools not participating in the AMCAS LOE service. The answer to that question is yes. WHEN your school sends them depends only on when you ask them to. You can ask them to send your letters at any time, although correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but I think you should have at least received the school's secondary before you send them your LORs.

Schools that screen do so based on numbers alone, and your LORs make difference in that process. This is the first year that there even was an AMCAS LOE service, so if you were screened pre-secondary, they would have never seen your letters. This hasnt changed. LORs are considered part of your supplemental ("secondary") application so again...screening pre secondary means screening before your letters.