question about math requirements...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunlyght

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, a couple of state schools that i want to apply to require math. however, when you look on the website it just says something like 1 year of college mathmatics. Can i just take pre-calculus (sp?) and cal I? does this count as one year of math? Or do i need to take cal I and cal II? Help me out...

Members don't see this ad.

Contact each school...but I'm pretty sure college math begins with calc. Trig is high school...many schools let you use statistics though. Still, contact each school.

Almost every school I have looked at includes college algebra and above. I would suspect that if you took physics you must have taken trig and college algebra. I dont think calc 1 is the lowest you can take, although it would be good to go ahead and take it because it does look good and a lot of places "like" to see calc on a transcript even though it may not be required.

Check in the MSAR to see what specific math course is required. I applied to 10 schools with no calculus...just two stat classes.