Question about MSSM's waitlist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashtie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can find out where you are ranked on MSSM's waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

i've been told twice over the phone that they won't release that information. still, don't let that discourage you from trying to ferret it out.

MSSM's waitlist is known to move quite a bit, beginning in early May. My student host when I interviewed there and some of the other students that I met came off the waitlist, so there's hope yet. :) Not really sure about how to find out your ranking on the list, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, 30% of the entering class came in off the waitlist.

Source: Email from Assistant Director of Admissions

I thought it was interesting that they didn't blind cc everyone on that waitlist email. It gives you the opportunity to know how many people are on the waitlist--information that usually isn't released by other schools. Plus, some crazy person could try to email other people on the list and try to make them withdraw from the list (not that I would ever even think of doing something like that :laugh: )

Hey I got the email today and what I am wondering is if everyone else who got that email already knew they were on the waitlist. I interviewed first week of Nov. and didn't hear anything until today, but it seems to me that email was not an official notification. Is it really possible they forget to let me know their decision back in Dec.???

179....I figure if thirty percent of the class comes from the waitlist that is 40 people...then there are people who will drop off the waitlist or won't accept a place if they are asked, and we will very liberally call that another 50 people...which means there is a fifty percent chance of getting into the class now. (Yes, I'm aware these calculations are very liberal; humor me, though, and say there is a fifty percent chance of getting in)

Originally posted by arikansas
I thought it was interesting that they didn't blind cc everyone on that waitlist email. It gives you the opportunity to know how many people are on the waitlist--information that usually isn't released by other schools. Plus, some crazy person could try to email other people on the list and try to make them withdraw from the list (not that I would ever even think of doing something like that :laugh: )

Looks like they fixed that glitch by now since I got the letter today and I couldn't view the other recipients!

Arkansas- 100 people, but still counting- I WISH it was a 50% since this is my first choice!!!!

do you guys think that only these 100 people in the email are the only people on the waitlist or are there more?

i dunno. i only counted like 10something. arkansas seems to have counted close to 180.

i copied the list into excel and got 180 names...is it possible there were two separate emails. The emai I got was loaded from people from columbia, yale, upenn, nyu, etc...

MSSM is still interviewing, so I'd assume both the acceptance and waitlist numbers will continue to grow for a bit.

Yeah, I noticed how outrageously Ivy-heavy the acceptance list was. It didn't seem heterogeneous at all. Figures.

Hey, I'm non-Ivy and I'm so excited to go to Sinai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by arikansas

Ha! I was laughing about that too. I counted nearly 175 or so. Come on MSSM, take us all!