Question about OMT???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hokte

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I wanted to know if there are fellowship programs available for DO's who want to go beyond the techniques taught in school. I seem to remember someone mentioning that OSU would be introducing a residency or fellowship into their program in the near future, but I wasn't sure. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

hokte said:
Hey, I wanted to know if there are fellowship programs available for DO's who want to go beyond the techniques taught in school. I seem to remember someone mentioning that OSU would be introducing a residency or fellowship into their program in the near future, but I wasn't sure. Thanks :)

I've never heard of any program at OSU.

Fellowships & residencies are available through many AOA programs:

Family Medicine/OMT Residency
Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine/OMT Residency
OMT Fellowship

OSUdoc08 said:
I've never heard of any program at OSU.

Fellowships & residencies are available through many AOA programs:

Family Medicine/OMT Residency
Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine/OMT Residency
OMT Fellowship

Ok, that's cool. Do you get to use OMT on hospitalized patients? Of course I mean if it's indicated or feasible.

Members don't see this ad :)
hokte said:
Ok, that's cool. Do you get to use OMT on hospitalized patients? Of course I mean if it's indicated or feasible.

OSU-COM has a 1-month rotation during the 3rd year in OMM that requires time in both an OMT clinic and in the hospital.

hokte said:

Perhaps the closest you'll get to a fellowship in OMT is to do an osteopathic sports medicine fellowship like the one they have at VCOM. You'll get a lot more OMT training with that.