question about post-secondary experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hobbes007

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi...i was just wondering if it is better to write alot in the "experience description" space or not? i've basically just written very briefly my main role and tasks, and most of my entries are way under the 510 character limit. so, is it better to write about each experience in a lot of detail. i feel that the Adcom people won't want to read lenghty ones, so shorter is better. but what does everyone think?
thanks,
hobbes

Members don't see this ad.

i kept mine short and to the point. most were way under 500 characters. a couple may have been 300-350 characters. there are probably others on this board who wrote a lot more. if i were on an adcom, i'd rather see it short and simple, so i did mine this way.

For me it depended on the experience... Obviously the ones in which I played a bigger role were longer than the others. Things like my research and volunteer and the work I do for our college paper were longer because they were the most important to me and I spent the most time doing them. But things like, say, Dean's List... Come on... What could I really say about that one? :wink: