Question about pre-matriculation drug screenings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

noxlle

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi all,
I recently received my first DO acceptance (yay) but I have ADHD so I've been taking methylphenidate (prescribed) for the past 10+ years. Is there a way to disclose this to the school prior to the test? I've read that methylphenidate can cause false positives for amphetamine.
 
hi all,
I recently received my first DO acceptance (yay) but I have ADHD so I've been taking methylphenidate (prescribed) for the past 10+ years. Is there a way to disclose this to the school prior to the test? I've read that methylphenidate can cause false positives for amphetamine.
You're not going to get in trouble for taking a prescribed medication. You're usually either given a form to disclose or they'll call you with a prelim positive test and ask if you take any medications to correlate it with after the fact.