Question about rads publication?

Started by docmd2010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

docmd2010

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So i'm applying this year, and am a do student, i have a decent step 1 score, and took step 2 early-waiting to hear back, should have good LOR's etc etc, have good clinical grades.

I'm doing a research project with a prominent MSK guy, and should hopefully have a 1st author radiology publication by the end of september. (submitting it at end of august, My PI says that it will take one month). if it gets accepted, of course I will update it on ERAS, but do you think that programs will download this new info?

I have a lot of research exp. but not publications. do you think a first authored radiology pub will help me a lot in the app process? or do you think it will be of minimal benefit?
 
I entered research in ERAS as "submitted for publication". It turns out that it didn't get published until July of my intern year. I don't think the program directors cared. They're interested in your research inasmuch as it indicates the likelihood that you'll produce research for publication while a resident in their program. Having the research already in print is nice, but the compelling point is that you've done the research and prepared it for publication.