Question about Score transferring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlmostAPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to get licensed in 3 additional states not including my home state of TN. I paid an initial fee of $300 to the board for "score transferring candidate" and there is an option to score transfer on the NABP website that is $75 for each state. So does the 300 cover the first state and I pay 75 for each additional state? or 75 for each state and the 300 was just a fee I had to pay outright? I also paid 50 for my application fee in general. I am so confused.

Members don't see this ad.

I am similarly confused.

Anyone else think the NABP site is one of the worst implementations of an online store in recent years? (i'm a software engineer, btw)

If you paid that $300 to the Board, then that money goes to the Board.

I don't believe you have to pay anything for the first state since you already paid $465 (is it still that price?) to take the Naplex...that covers the first state, but for each additional state, you have to pay NABP $75. The $75 is just processing fee for them to transfer the score. If they didn't have that $75 fee, we would all transfer it to all 50 states. The score transfer is for NAPLEX only!!

Now if you want to take the MPJE for that specific state, it costs additional $200 if it is one of the states that uses MPJE. I don't believe TN uses MPJE.

On top of this all, you have to pay for application fee to each state.

I hope I'm not confusing you.