Question about Studying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jglass05

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finished up with my bachelors in bio-medical science and have spent the last month and a half studying for the MCAT (planned test date of august 3rd). Because I am not working this summer I decided to take an EMT-B certification course at a local community college.

Now here is my issue. I have taken 3 practice tests so far and scored 23, 25 and 24. So I do not feel confident about my test date. Another issue is, July is a very intense month for my EMT training and I will most likely have to sacrifice my A in the course in order to finish strong on MCAT studying. My undergrad gpa was a 3.4 so an A in the course could help me some. I am debating pushing my MCAT test date into the fall/winter but assuming I do decent on the MCAT I would like to apply for this next year. Please share your opinion.

Members don't see this ad.

Given the circumstances you have described, I highly suggest you delay your MCAT. That way you will be able to do good on your EMt classes and also get a potentially good score on the MCAT. With an MCAT score averaging 24, one more month of studying may or may not improve your score drastically. You need more time to practice and do content reviews in areas you are weak in.

Given the circumstances you have described, I highly suggest you delay your MCAT. That way you will be able to do good on your EMt classes and also get a potentially good score on the MCAT. With an MCAT score averaging 24, one more month of studying may or may not improve your score drastically. You need more time to practice and do content reviews in areas you are weak in.
This.