Question about SUNY Buffalo's gross anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeSavona

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Perhaps this question would be more apt for the Dental forum, but I'm most likely starting dental school at Buff in the fall. Im pretty much the farthest thing from a science major so i'm just glossing over an anatomy & physio book for 20/30 minutes a day so I have some idea of the human body before I start school. I'm wondering whether the entire body is covered in depth, or whether it's fully head and neck with passing mentions of the rest of the body. I'm reading about the muscles/nerves/bones of the femoral region right now, and it just seems nonsensical for a dentist to have to know this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Gross covers from the gonads up. If I recall you do not need to know the musculature of the pelvic girdle down. However, everything superior is fair game. Muscle and organ blood supply, innervation, and action. Not too much with the actual brain, that is covered in neuro (unless that has changed).

I wouldn't spend too much time on it, you will be fine.

Gross covers from the gonads up. If I recall you do not need to know the musculature of the pelvic girdle down. However, everything superior is fair game. Muscle and organ blood supply, innervation, and action. Not too much with the actual brain, that is covered in neuro (unless that has changed).

I wouldn't spend too much time on it, you will be fine.

Thank you! this helps quite a bit.