Question about taking 1 or 2 pre-req classes during the summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1094738

I've been seeing mixed answers about this after doing some searching, so I am looking for some clarification. My school is on a quarter system, so 1 full year of ochem is 3 quarters - fall, winter, and spring quarters. Then I take ochem lab in another quarter.

I already took the first two quarters of ochem in fall and winter, and I plan to finish the third quarter of ochem in the summer instead of this spring (had some scheduling issues, so it was difficult to take right now).

All of my pre req classes will be completed at my home institution (not at a community college). But I'm reading that med schools don't like if you take ochem over the summer because they want to see you took it with a full course load during the year? If this is true, are there certain med schools that don't accept ochem over the summer? Others have also said that they took several pre-req classes in the summer, and it wasn't an issue. So I'm a little conflicted by this, and I would appreciate any input.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you’re taking full course loads and performing well you will be fine. Don’t worry about when you take individual classes, instead, focus on being able to balance a full time school schedule and extracurriculars. I mean, what can you do anyway? You said that you couldn’t schedule the third part in the spring so you definitely have to wait til summer.

As long as you’re taking full course loads and performing well you will be fine. Don’t worry about when you take individual classes, instead, focus on being able to balance a full time school schedule and extracurriculars. I mean, what can you do anyway? You said that you couldn’t schedule the third part in the spring so you definitely have to wait til summer.
@DT III When you say full course load, do you think if I will have around 28-29 total semester credits for this year before summer, that is considered a full course load? My school is on a quarter system so I had to convert the units to semester credits (This is still full time too).