Question about taking opt. prereqs at a CC

ABoutyrski

10+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
  1. Pre-Dental
    I am a senior in high school and will be attending a CC next year. I was hoping to complete most/all of the opt. requirements at the CC until I read on here that some schools look down on classes that are taken at CCs. What should I do?

KHE

15+ Year Member
    Jun 14, 2005
    1. Optometrist
      I am a senior in high school and will be attending a CC next year. I was hoping to complete most/all of the opt. requirements at the CC until I read on here that some schools look down on classes that are taken at CCs. What should I do?

You should contact the schools of optometry that you are considering and ask them their policy.

About the Ads

EyeBaller

SUNY-O Class of 2008
      10+ Year Member
      Jul 26, 2006
      NYC
      1. Optometrist
        You should contact Berkeley. I would not rely on information posted by people you don't know on an internet forum for this kind of information.

^^^ I agree, when it comes to something this important you have to contact the schools directly. I don't know why people on this forum are so afraid to call and ask the admissions people their questions. They really are there to help you!

DrRobs

10+ Year Member
        Jan 11, 2008
        1. Optometry Student
          ^^^ I agree, when it comes to something this important you have to contact the schools directly. I don't know why people on this forum are so afraid to call and ask the admissions people their questions. They really are there to help you!

Yes they are and give you the best advice because it comes straight from the "horses mouth"

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.