Question about taking prerequisite courses online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was considering taking Physics online, but it appears that ADCOM's don't look too kindly at this. Now I could totally understand Chemistry, but Physics? I guess it just looks better all around if it is taken in-class. It just makes things very difficult when I am working full time out of the country.

Also, is taking online math courses looked down upon as well?

Members don't see this ad.

I was considering taking Physics online, but it appears that ADCOM's don't look too kindly at this. Now I could totally understand Chemistry, but Physics? I guess it just looks better all around if it is taken in-class. It just makes things very difficult when I am working full time out of the country.

Yes - using MSAR, you can see that many schools do not take online classes to fulfill prereqs. In general, online classes to fulfill premed reqs are at least somewhat frowned upon.

This thread might help if you do decide to take it online.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/schools-accepting-online-prerequisites.986194/

Last edited: