Question about the Johns Hopkins Postbac

Started by MrDrexler
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MrDrexler

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just invited to interview there, but I don't see anything on their site mentioning an interview. Are all applicants required to interview before they make a decision, like at Bryn Mawr, or is this something they do for people they are on the fence about? I am totally floored that they asked me, since my application literally arrived there yesterday morning...
 
I just found this in the popup window for their application instructions. Some of these postbac sites are a mess to navigate.

"We will review your application to determine if you will be invited to interview. This process may take several weeks."

Any stats out there on how many people apply vs. how many get interviews?
 
I just found this in the popup window for their application instructions. Some of these postbac sites are a mess to navigate.

"We will review your application to determine if you will be invited to interview. This process may take several weeks."

Any stats out there on how many people apply vs. how many get interviews?


I'm pretty sure you have to interview (at least via computer) to be accepted.

It's a little dated, but the US News and WR I have here (bought 2 years ago) lists JHU's postbac with a 19% acceptance rate. I think I remember it being something like 90-100 people interviewed for ~30 slots.