question about the secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eth

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am currently a junior. I could not decide whether I should pursue a medical volunteer in this upcoming summer in tanzania or not. My MCAT score is a 33 PS 12 VR 9 BS 9. This semester I am on an exchange program so my school won't be over until june, I am planning to submit my primary application on June 1st. Most people on this forum says complete secondary as soon as possible. I think especially with my somewhat lower MCAT score I should complete my secondary application the moment I get it in the mail. Therefore should I delay my medical vounteer in tanzania to december instead of july - august this summer? so I could stay home and fill out secondary as soon as they arrive?

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys, i am currently a junior. I could not decide whether i should pursue a medical volunteer in this upcoming summer in tanzania or not. My mcat score is a 33 ps 12 vr 9 bs 9. This semester i am on an exchange program so my school won't be over until june, i am planning to submit my primary application on june 1st. Most people on this forum says complete secondary as soon as possible. I think especially with my somewhat lower mcat score i should complete my secondary application the moment i get it in the mail. Therefore should i delay my medical vounteer in tanzania to december instead of july - august this summer? So i could stay home and fill out secondary as soon as they arrive?

12 + 9 + 9 = ?

oops totally meant to say 33 PS 12 VR 9 BS 12

Members don't see this ad :)
All you have to do is go to the school-specific threads here

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=688

Find the schools you're interested in applying to this year and start pre-writing the secondaries. This way, you won't have to worry about them when it comes time and you can still go on your trip.

All you have to do is go to the school-specific threads here

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=688

Find the schools you're interested in applying to this year and start pre-writing the secondaries. This way, you won't have to worry about them when it comes time and you can still go on your trip.

when do most of the secondary arrive? I heard people say it is mid of july

Filling out secondary applications can (and should) take a lot of time. If I were you, I would start pre-writing a lot of them right after submitting your primary. A volunteer position probably won't take up enough of your time to really interfere with completing secondaries, as long as you manage your time well (I was able to complete most of mine in a timely manner while working a full time job). Traveling in another country in December could potentially interfere with interviews, so keep that in mind as well.

when do most of the secondary arrive? I heard people say it is mid of july

It varies by school. Some send them right away, others will take a month or two. I think I received secondaries through August and I submitted on the first day.

I am a first med school applicant, so this might be a really dumb question. Isn't secondary for medical school comes through mail? if I am on a trip I probably will not be able to get my mail on a timly manner. or is secondary electronic as well? Thanks!

I am a first med school applicant, so this might be a really dumb question. Isn't secondary for medical school comes through mail? if I am on a trip I probably will not be able to get my mail on a timly manner. or is secondary electronic as well? Thanks!

They're all online. I had one that required I mail in some sort of form (I think it was Rush).