Question about USUHS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BuckyBoy_DDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many spots are allocated to each branch individually?

I have found the entrance stats online, but are there stats that show the breakdown for EACH branch individually?

As my name suggests I'm thinking about pursuing dentistry, but medicine is just about equal on my list. My main goal is that it doesnt matter what I do, I just want to do something in the health field and in the military..

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but I do remember that the Army and Navy have the same number of spots, with the Air Force having about 15-20 fewer. A rough guess would be 60 Army, 60 Navy, and 40 Air Force.

deuist said:
I don't recall the exact numbers, but I do remember that the Army and Navy have the same number of spots, with the Air Force having about 15-20 fewer. A rough guess would be 60 Army, 60 Navy, and 40 Air Force.

Navy has 50.

Members don't see this ad :)
BuckyBoy_DDS said:
How many spots are allocated to each branch individually?

I have found the entrance stats online, but are there stats that show the breakdown for EACH branch individually?

As my name suggests I'm thinking about pursuing dentistry, but medicine is just about equal on my list. My main goal is that it doesnt matter what I do, I just want to do something in the health field and in the military..

Thanks

Something along the lines of the following.

Army: ~63-65

Navy:~ 51-53

Air Force: ~ 51-53

Public Health Service: ~2-4

I believe that the 2006 entering class has like 179 slots in it. The Admissions office should be able to give you accurate ranges.

Even better than worrying about the slots at USUHS save yourself the headache and go to dental school :)

backrow said:
Even better than worrying about the slots at USUHS save yourself the headache and go to dental school :)

I'm not worried, just curious...

LOL, why dental school instead?

BuckyBoy_DDS said:
I'm not worried, just curious...

LOL, why dental school instead?

Dental school = 4yrs of school, graduation, and immediately to work for a very nice salary as a general dentist, or to residency if you're so inclined.

Medical school = 4yrs of school, 1 yr of internship, and then at least 2 more years of residency before you can go to work in the private sector.