Question about withdrawing application...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimmyTheWonderD

Takin' it 1 day @ a time!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you submitted your AMCAS, and received a secondary from a school (but did not fill it out) and you choose to withdraw your application, what does this do to your chances should you want to apply to this school next year? Do they remember this? Do they care?

AND…How late is TOO late for a secondary if you are not a :cool: 43 MCAT 4.0GPA with a MS and 4 years of cancer research experience??? Meaning, you are average Joe and not super premed person...is it too late now to submit a secondary? Would withdrawing be better?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh wait! I forgot that most everyone reading this has like a 40 on their MCAT, so I probably shouldn't expect a reply, huh? :p

Submit it. I guess. It can't hurt. Unless it can. I mean, you've got balls applying with scores like yours. You got less than a 40 and you're still applying? Crazier things have happened.
Sincerely, you put yourself at a disadvantage by applying this late - and different schools value re-applicants differently - but I would still submit it. A low chance of getting in is better than zero chance of getting in. And if you don't submit the 2º your chances are zero. Now, when I offer advice like this the SDN juggernaut usually responds with "well, that's stupid, here's the real deal: ...."
And schools consider you a re-applicant if you submitted the AMCAS application previously, even if you did not submit a 2º.
Does this help?