Question about withdrawing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlameItOnTheOH

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took two quarters (not semesters) of ochem at my undergrad school with no labs. I did well in them, but no semester school would count them as prereqs for ochem 2 so I redid ochem 1 with lab at a different institution. I signed up for the course at a nearby 4 year school (never took classes there previously) and then withdrew a week later long before the courses started bc I found a cheaper alternative at another school.

I know on AMCAS you need to list every course, even if you withdrew....but do I need to list this even though I never even attended the course OR the school at all?! obviously I won't have a transcript for them from that school.

Thanks for your help, I just don't want it to be the thing that delays my AMCAS from being verified.

Members don't see this ad.

I took two quarters (not semesters) of ochem at my undergrad school with no labs. I did well in them, but no semester school would count them as prereqs for ochem 2 so I redid ochem 1 with lab at a different institution. I signed up for the course at a nearby 4 year school (never took classes there previously) and then withdrew a week later long before the courses started bc I found a cheaper alternative at another school.

I know on AMCAS you need to list every course, even if you withdrew....but do I need to list this even though I never even attended the course OR the school at all?! obviously I won't have a transcript for them from that school.

Thanks for your help, I just don't want it to be the thing that delays my AMCAS from being verified.

if you withdrew, wouldn't you have a transcript with a nice "W" on it?

If you withdrew and didn't get a "W" on your transcript, then no need to plug it into AMCAS.

Clever name by the way. . .

Members don't see this ad :)
If you never paid tuition and you don't have a transcript there, no need to report it.

Agree with Xcited, nice username. :thumbup:

haha thanks guys! and thanks for the advice...thats kinda what I was thinking as well.

Anyone have any idea about how to go about entering these grades? I am going to put that I am planning to take ochem 2/lab but should I list the grades from both quarters of ochem plus the additional semester with lab? I'm confused and I feel like the admissions people might be too with so many ochem classes listed!

haha thanks guys! and thanks for the advice...thats kinda what I was thinking as well.

Anyone have any idea about how to go about entering these grades? I am going to put that I am planning to take ochem 2/lab but should I list the grades from both quarters of ochem plus the additional semester with lab? I'm confused and I feel like the admissions people might be too with so many ochem classes listed!

They'll follow. Just enter the grades/classes exactly how they look on your transcripts.