Question about working radiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Umairshariff23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I would like to know what options are available to a current radiologist looking to practice in USA. Would I have to repeat radiology residency from scratch or can I do a degree transference and continue practicing in USA??

Thank you for your input

Members don't see this ad.

What I like best about this field is the variety. Being an X-ray technologist allows you to work in many modalities such as the operating room, fluoroscopy, interventional radiology, orthopedics, general X-ray, portable X-ray, mobile X-ray, or you can get cross-trained or have additional schooling to work in CT, MRI, mammography or bone density.

I work in general X-ray at an outpatient imaging center and also perform orthopedic exams for a local orthopedic group. This allows me to work with many different patients and personalities in a day.

What.

I think this bot is broken.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good morning everyone,

I would like to know what options are available to a current radiologist looking to practice in USA. Would I have to repeat radiology residency from scratch or can I do a degree transference and continue practicing in USA??

Thank you for your input

Start residency from scratch.

Alternative pathway used to be a good track, not anymore.

Start residency from scratch.

Alternative pathway used to be a good track, not anymore.
Agreed. Alternative pathway has few job options besides undesirable positions at academic centers.