Quantcast

Question about working radiologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Umairshariff23

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I would like to know what options are available to a current radiologist looking to practice in USA. Would I have to repeat radiology residency from scratch or can I do a degree transference and continue practicing in USA??

Thank you for your input

CherryRedDracul

Actually a man.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What I like best about this field is the variety. Being an X-ray technologist allows you to work in many modalities such as the operating room, fluoroscopy, interventional radiology, orthopedics, general X-ray, portable X-ray, mobile X-ray, or you can get cross-trained or have additional schooling to work in CT, MRI, mammography or bone density.

I work in general X-ray at an outpatient imaging center and also perform orthopedic exams for a local orthopedic group. This allows me to work with many different patients and personalities in a day.

What.

I think this bot is broken.

Tiger100

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone,

I would like to know what options are available to a current radiologist looking to practice in USA. Would I have to repeat radiology residency from scratch or can I do a degree transference and continue practicing in USA??

Thank you for your input

Start residency from scratch.

Alternative pathway used to be a good track, not anymore.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.