Question about XUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asian pharm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all, I am a pre-pharmacy student and usually post there, this is my first post in the pre-med forum. I am inquiring for my sister about Xavier university school of medicine, the one which has campses in auruba, panama etc. My sister is planning to apply there next year.
since it is not in the US, which states in US allow a graduate from there to practice? can the graduates from there sit for USMLE? Since it is a non MCAT school, what are the basis that they decide their applicants? I really have two thoughts coming about htis school in my mind: first, i think that there is nothing wrong in going there if she gets accepted.second, i think, are we wasting our time and money by letting her go there, if she gets accepted. we are really confused.also, this school does not ask for a B.S, it requires 90 hours to be completed!
some info about her: she applied to some medical schools this year, and is on waitlist on three of them and she will get her BS soon(in about a month)

any sincere advice is greatly appreciated.Also, really sorry if these questions have been asked before.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey anyone? any advice on this to a newbie will be appreciated.

I really hope she has other options than Xavier. Teachers leave without notice and the schools administration isn't cooperative. No Loan plans yet, if she is planning on a loan. Look into other carribean schools if she still has time, if not, just be really careful going into Xavier