Question for anyone accepted to Case Western

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gobears

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a little worried about the statement in the acceptance letter, "You may not be released from this obligation without our consent."

But later in the letter, it says, "If you wish to withdraw from this agreement, we will grant such a request." Did that confuse anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, it was a little odd. I asked my premed advisor about such notes and she said that you are allowed to keep as many acceptances as you want till may 15th, so don't worry about odd phrasings. However, she strongly encourages that unless you are waiting to hear on financial aid #s, there is no reason to back the process up for others. Anyways, I dropped case for pritzker, but don't be afraid to sign the letter, it's not binding at this point.

Definitely send it in and sign it. You can hold as many acceptances as you want. But, if you are sure that you would not attend, then make sure that you tell them that asap, so that others can have a chance.
gobears- maybe I will see you there next year.

Hey, thanks everyone. I signed the form and sent it in. So far, that's my only acceptance. It feels really good though, because now I can withdraw from a couple of my other schools that I'd rather not be at. Haha! I'M THE ONE WRITING REJECTIONS NOW!

Take that, Loyola! They've been giving me a headache from July, so it feels good to dump them.