Question for computer gurus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Lector

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to post some neuro anatomy images on our class website and the pictures I've taken w/my digital camera are all bitmap and I can only post jpegs so how do I go about converting them? I figured I'd post this here since there are so many smart premeds to answer my question.

Members don't see this ad.

Just save it as a jpeg in any simple picture viewing program (like Paint).

--Vinoy

what camera takes in bitmap? if u want to convert, download www.irfanview.com to convert. set jpeg qualit to about 90% and u should be good.

Members don't see this ad :)
paint will work fine. Start->Accessories->Paint. Open it up and click file->save as and just make sure you choose *.jpg in the drop down box where the file format can be chosen.

Dr. Lector said:
I'm trying to post some neuro anatomy images on our class website and the pictures I've taken w/my digital camera are all bitmap and I can only post jpegs so how do I go about converting them? I figured I'd post this here since there are so many smart premeds to answer my question.

I use paint shop pro 7 by Jasc.

If you have Adobe Photoshop you can also save them as JPEGs from there.

DrPharaohX said:
If you have Adobe Photoshop you can also save them as JPEGs from there.

You can also do a shell script from photoshop for all the photos at once. Convenient.