Program-Specific Info / Q's Question for current OT students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chreez

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys like and dislike about your program? I want to know things like classes, professors, class size, campus life, students, extracurricular activities, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Grad school is different, so things like campus life and extracurriculars aren't really going to be relevant, as grad students generally don't live on campus, so generally speaking, they don't often take part in the typical "undergrad" stuff like that. As OT students, we don't really have time, and many of us are older, anyway (I'm in my 30s). OT school is difficult and time-consuming, so you're not going to have as much time to socialize or be involved in too many things. I'd only devote my free time to things that are resume-boosting or build experience directly related to OT - I have a volunteer relationship with an organization where I put in a lot of time prior to starting my program, but was not able to be there as much during my studies. I still put in time periodically to maintain the relationship, because I would still like to be involved after I graduate, and it's a good relationship for me to have, professionally.

If you have specific programs you are interested in, that might help cull more informative answers from people who post here, though I wouldn't count on learning anything in the "don't like" category, as most people are smart enough not to criticize their program in an online forum. Every school has its pros and cons. The only thing I can say is to be wary of schools with low pass rates on the NBCOT exam, and any schools whose accreditation is in jeopardy.