Question For LECOM-Bradenton Students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BPlaysItCool

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Thanks for reading.

I'm from there right. Anna Maria Island and Bradenton. But have been living in California. The thing I wanted to ask was...

What would it be like trying to come back to Cali as a LECOM--Bradenton grad? For like an internal medicine spot?

It would be really cool to be back on the farm, visiting my folks, and having them get to know our baby. And getting to know my niece and nephew. But I think 4 years more of Florida would make me ready to split out west again.

I'm trying to get together my app. and was hoping some of y'all could help me estimate the difficulties of getting west for residency. The match lists seem to have most folks staying east of the Mississippi or smack on it.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

After medical school, you'll have no problem going back to California... or anywhere for that matter... especially if you want to do Primary Care (i.e. IM). LECOM has some good California connections, and you should be able to do numerous rotations there during your third and fourth year as well, if you like. Truth be told though, do well at any osteopathic medical school and going to California will be no problem. It really is the "doing well" part that is important. As a LECOM-Bradenton student, I can attest to the fact that the education you will get from LECOM-Bradenton is truly superb and will more than adequately get you to where you need to be. The Bradenton faculty are amazing, and if you get admitted, a decision to attend LECOM Bradenton is definitely a solid one. Best of luck to you!

After medical school, you'll have no problem going back to California... or anywhere for that matter... especially if you want to do Primary Care (i.e. IM). LECOM has some good California connections, and you should be able to do numerous rotations there during your third and fourth year as well, if you like. Truth be told though, do well at any osteopathic medical school and going to California will be no problem. It really is the "doing well" part that is important. As a LECOM-Bradenton student, I can attest to the fact that the education you will get from LECOM-Bradenton is truly superb and will more than adequately get you to where you need to be. The Bradenton faculty are amazing, and if you get admitted, a decision to attend LECOM Bradenton is definitely a solid one. Best of luck to you!

Hey Thanks. Yeah I'm really hoping to get an interview at your school. Everyone there seems happy from what I read here. And that, by any standard, is a really good sign.

Take care.--B.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Sarasota as well.

Just one piece of advice regarding LECOM-B. Make sure you do your secondary. I found that your chances of getting an interview if you don't bother to do the secondary and send in the fee are reduced to virtually nothing.....haha.

LOL. Are you kidding?

Dude I wish I was...I kept wondering why I didn't hear anything from them. So up I calls the Admissions Dept. and they said they had no secondary application for me and that was the reason I hadn't been evaluated.

Then it dawned on me that I hadn't done it. I guess with so many going out I just sort of figured I had done it. I'm kind of scatterbrained.

Oh well, Ive lived in Fla my whole life so I was ready to split anyway.

LECOM-B is a great school from what I heard. The community was really excited when it announced it was coming to town.