Question for MCPHS Boston pharmD students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Violet786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!
I will be a 3rd year pharm d student this fall. I wanted to get a head start on learning the different drug names and reactions. Can anyone recommend a good book (preferably one that MCPHS uses) that has all of this information. I heard that we have to memorize the top 200 drugs so I thought I could start some since I have nothing to do this summer. Anyone help is much appreciated! Thanks again!!

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
I'm going to be a P4 this coming academic year at MCPHS Boston.
In your response to the top 200 drugs, here's how it works. We are given 100drugs each semester (so in one academic year we will complete the top 200 drugs) and we are then asked to search for the drug information in the pharmacology databases - such as Clinical Pharmacology or Micromedex. We complete 20 drugs at a time and then we are tested on our knowledge. However, you won't get access to these paid databases until you are actually enrolled. So, in conclusion, there's not a book we use to get the drug information.
I would suggest that the best way to familarize yourself with the top 200 drugs is to just search for the drugs on a free database (I heard NIH has a pretty good drug database) or better yet, if you don't currently work at the pharmacy, you should get some hands on experience there.
Hope this helps~