Question for Podiatry students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeanrene

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Biology senior at college, I am planning to apply at Temple Podiatry and I was wondering if there is anybody who took the GRE and got into temple. I would like to know what is the GRE score they are looking for, and until when they would be accepting the GRE. Would it be taken into account the fact that I speak spanish, portuguese and french fluently??

Please, if somebody knows let me know. It would be apreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I attend Scholl and although I did not take the GRE I took the MCAT and was basically told if you have the GPA and have taken the MCAT or GRE you will be accepted. I was accepted to Temple and Scholl strictly on GPA....

I think all of the schools are switching to an MCAT only policy 2007 or currently. Call the schools admission office and ask, that's the best way to actually know.

Members don't see this ad :)
sally, were you really accepted to scholl and Temple just based on your GPA? I thought there are some of the better schools and they are supposed to look at MCAT scores, GPA, and other areas of your app. It seems kind of crazy.

Here's my problem with accepting any 'ol professional exam.

The applicant can not reliably be rated against other applicants who took the MCAT.

Which would make one wonder how that person could be considered for any type of scholarship money.

Certainly these students couldn't be considered for any type of scholarship money. Could they?

Here's my problem with accepting any 'ol professional exam.

The applicant can not reliably be rated against other applicants who took the MCAT.

Which would make one wonder how that person could be considered for any type of scholarship money.

Certainly these students couldn't be considered for any type of scholarship money. Could they?

I completely agree with you here whiskers. But remember, these other tests have not been accepted for that long (since 2000 I think) and they are already phasing out.

I have a friend who sprained her pinky toe a couple months back, or so she thinks. Her pinky toe is actually still swollen a little and she says she has pain when she stretches it, but for the most part it's ok when she walks and runs. Any advice on what she should do?

We can't give medical advice on this forum. I would suggest seeing a podiatrist or a family physician.

Without giving advice, tendons and soft tissues stretch during and after exercise so a good rule of thumb is if it hurts when you rest and feels better after activity it is a sprain. If it hurts more during activity it is osseous.

But go see a doctor for sure.

I have a friend who sprained her pinky toe a couple months back, or so she thinks. Her pinky toe is actually still swollen a little and she says she has pain when she stretches it, but for the most part it's ok when she walks and runs. Any advice on what she should do?

toes can remain swollen for up to a year after the injury.