Question for Sunday Test Takers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scrub MD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When reading about all these different forms, where they the same tests as you got today?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup. I had form FM. I didn't come on SDN last night but if I had I probably could have seen info about the forms. But there are so many of them, and I would have no way of knowing which I was going to get. But yeah, it was the same form.

(and it sucked)

Yeah I had CG and it sounds the same... but again, I would have had no way of knowing which form I would get, and no one can really reproduce the questions and answers in a way that would be of any "help" anyway. I did see the form postings up last night but figured I'd just drive myself crazy so I didn't bother looking at them.

i honestly can not imagine anyone taking Sunday's test NOT to come here to see wha tothers say about it.

and therefore the same form should never be given...who cares if you don't know which form you'll be given; you still see if people post questions or discussions

Members don't see this ad :)
For real, if I had known about this Sunday thing I would have taken it on Sunday instead. Not that there would be a HUGE advantage or anything but it could have gotten someone who was less-prepared a few extra questions right or given them a chance to brush up on a specific topic. And to add advantage to advantage-- taking it Sunday in Alaska or Hawaii would be even better. :laugh:

hmmm I didnt even know that there WERE sunday test takers. I thought EVERYONE took it on Saturday!!! :confused: That's such crap. Maybe all this "post-MCAT" discussion should have never happened until AT LEAST monday!

Psycho Doctor said:
i honestly can not imagine anyone taking Sunday's test NOT to come here to see wha tothers say about it.

and therefore the same form should never be given...who cares if you don't know which form you'll be given; you still see if people post questions or discussions

I didn't even have my computer on Saturday night because if I had come to SDN I would have just been more nervous than I already was. You have to take the anxiety thing into account. Anyway by the time people were posting all of these things there wasn't really much time to study them, and I would have just freaked out knowing that I was going to get a really hard test and not know what I needed to know.

UserNameNeeded said:
For real, if I had known about this Sunday thing I would have taken it on Sunday instead. Not that there would be a HUGE advantage or anything but it could have gotten someone who was less-prepared a few extra questions right or given them a chance to brush up on a specific topic. And to add advantage to advantage-- taking it Sunday in Alaska or Hawaii would be even better. :laugh:

i think you need special reasons (and proof) to take it on Sunday...like due to religious observances.

crazy_cavalier said:
hmmm I didnt even know that there WERE sunday test takers. I thought EVERYONE took it on Saturday!!! :confused: That's such crap. Maybe all this "post-MCAT" discussion should have never happened until AT LEAST monday!

Believe me it didn't help us. There were only 8 people at my test site yesterday. Sunday testing is mostly for people who can't do Saturday for religious reasons; a few other exceptions as well (not sure what; maybe if you have to work on Saturday and have no way of getting out of it???)

crazy_cavalier said:
of course it should not happen. and i know on the Princeton Review board any discussions are immediately deleted to prevent any advantage to Sunday or later test-takers. they put extra moderator staff on duty the weekend of major exams.

Psycho Doctor said:

Yes, have to say I agree. There have been some pretty specific topics/questions and some very specific answers as to the correct response.

run_4ever said:
Yes, have to say I agree. There have been some pretty specific topics/questions and some very specific answers as to the correct response.

yeah but like I said, first of all how many Sunday testers read SDN? and second, the two of us who responded both said we didn't even read those threads. The other person said he/she saw the thread and didn't read them because he/she didn't want to "drive myself crazy." I didn't even log onto SDN for the same reason -- I had enough anxiety as it was.

What I'm saying is that it's probably illegal to talk about the questions and answers at all, but if we're going to do it it probably doesn't make a difference when we start.

Now if tests get delayed a week or more, like somebody mentioned his was from a hurricane, perhaps this would be a problem. But I think just the one extra day doesn't affect anything at all.

tigress said:
yeah but like I said, first of all how many Sunday testers read SDN? and second, the two of us who responded both said we didn't even read those threads. The other person said he/she saw the thread and didn't read them because he/she didn't want to "drive myself crazy." I didn't even log onto SDN for the same reason -- I had enough anxiety as it was.

What I'm saying is that it's probably illegal to talk about the questions and answers at all, but if we're going to do it it probably doesn't make a difference when we start.

Now if tests get delayed a week or more, like somebody mentioned his was from a hurricane, perhaps this would be a problem. But I think just the one extra day doesn't affect anything at all.

now i'm a pretty honest guy with a lot of integrity, but honestly i think i'd be on sdn the day before the exam (I mean i was) so if i was taking the Sunday exam i'd see the discussions; i'd say this is the norm for regular sdners no matter what anyone claims to counter the claims that there's an unfair advantage to Sunday test-takers

Psycho Doctor said:
now i'm a pretty honest guy with a lot of integrity, but honestly i think i'd be on sdn the day before the exam (I mean i was) so if i was taking the Sunday exam i'd see the discussions; i'd say this is the norm for regular sdners no matter what anyone claims to counter the claims that there's an unfair advantage to Sunday test-takers

Perhaps some people would be, but not most. Also keep in mind that the day before your MCAT people weren't posting threads like, "oh my god i just got f***ed by the mcat it was so horrible and i bombed it and it was worse than all of the practice tests" etc. etc. I was also online on Friday. Saturday night was a different deal.

In any case I don't claim there isn't any advantage to taking it on Sunday. I think there is, I just don't think the advantage lies in having info from SDN. There were only 7 other people taking the test with me, so the room was quiet, we were spread out and even got to use 2 desks each if we wanted, breaks lasted exactly how long we wanted them to, etc. It was much less stressful than if there had been over a hundred other people testing with me. We finished before 4:00.

Seriously, I'm not trying to argue with you. I just think the stuff on SDN is a non-issuse for Sunday test takers. Out of the 8 at my site it seems like I was the only one who even knew about SDN, and out of the 2 people who have posted that we took Sunday tests, both of us knew SDN would have info and neither of us looked for reasons of sanity. So while one or two people might have, it's totally not a big deal overall.

Psycho Doctor said:

Yeah I agree with you. This is $#%@. Sunday-test takers, bah! Had I known I wouldn't post ANYTHING until Sunday evening. Anyway, most of the more specific stuff that got posted (including which choices some of us picked for the trickier problems) didn't really go up until sunday anyway, while these guys were testing... mostly, on saturday, all of the posts were just, "physics section - wtf!!!" :laugh: That's not exactly helpful for a sunday-test taker, I imagine. If anything, it'd make them a hell of a lot more nervous! Still, I suppose they could figure out what some of the passages were about and brush up on them, but even so, the advantage is very little... anyway, hopefully only a REALLY SMALL number of people took Sunday, and even a smaller number of those people were so unscrupulous so as to ask Saturday test takers what they had or go online and check forums like SDN to "check" how it went.

Yeah, I mean I was a Sunday test taker and I can't even imagine what would have happend if I had actually looked at those threads. Think about it - it's the night before the MCAT and you're looking at threads that say "oh ****, that Tarzan passage was terrible". So then what? If I get the Tarzan passage the next day, I take one look at it and think "oh no I'm going to do so bad" I don't think that the likelihood that I would have found one or two answers that would have been on my form would have weighed out the disadvantage I would have had if I thought that the test was going to be terrible due to some of the responses. Also, to be honest, I thought the Sunday test takers would be given a different form so it wouldn't matter. And, if anyone is interested, I had a track meet on Saturday, which is why I had to take it on Sunday, but most of the ppl at my test center (9) were there for religious reasons.