Question for the Pre Meds on the forum

Started by PMR2008
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PMR2008

PM&R
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am invited to give a lecture at a local college. I have a lot of ideas regarding topics that they would find interesting but wanted the opinion from premed/med students here.
A topic high on my list is ' Moving Beyond Opioids: The Future of Pain Management' or
'Healthy joints for life'

My goal is to talk about PM&R as a specialty, anatomy/pathophysiology of joints and treatment options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
 
I'm moving on to the med school world very shortly but I think the opiate epidemic would be a great topic.

I cant speak for everyone, but I stopped keeping track of all the people I knew from high school who have passed away from ODing and the same went for many of my classmates. So this is a topic that would peak a lot of interests. I think this upcoming generation is invested in helping to stop the opiate epidemic. Letting them know that PM&R is a good route for just such a cause would be inspiring to a lot of students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am invited to give a lecture at a local college. I have a lot of ideas regarding topics that they would find interesting but wanted the opinion from premed/med students here.
A topic high on my list is ' Moving Beyond Opioids: The Future of Pain Management' or
'Healthy joints for life'

My goal is to talk about PM&R as a specialty, anatomy/pathophysiology of joints and treatment options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You might be better off posting this in the premed forum, but I'd definitely go with the Opioid epidemic one. Every single person at my school knows someone who has either ODed on opioids or struggled with opioid addiction. However, you might have to introduce the topic (the epidemic) depending on if you're in a region less impacted by the opioid epidemic.