How does the RREMS application work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ceezin24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed only one of the mentors/sites in January, which was actually quite close to home, never got a response so I just completely forgot about it until now. I basically just expressed interest in the project and uploaded my CV. No response, not even a "rejection". So how does it work?

Was I supposed to already have an idea/research plan in place before emailing the mentor? Is it likely that I just wasn't competitive enough and should have reached out to another mentor? Is it only one student per mentor?

Members don't see this ad.

So you contact based off of the list they send each year to a site, and they're supposed to connect you to a mentor. You guys come up with a project idea together, you submit a proposal/other stuff required to the association, and THEN they decide to pick you or not

If the site didn't respond then it would've been okay to contact another site before the deadline, but also January is super late since you have to write a proposal and come up with a project, which usually takes a couple of weeks depending on how busy you are.

Hope that helps!

So you contact based off of the list they send each year to a site, and they're supposed to connect you to a mentor. You guys come up with a project idea together, you submit a proposal/other stuff required to the association, and THEN they decide to pick you or not

If the site didn't respond then it would've been okay to contact another site before the deadline, but also January is super late since you have to write a proposal and come up with a project, which usually takes a couple of weeks depending on how busy you are.

Hope that helps!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall the list of available mentor/sites for this year not being available until around January? Either way, thanks!