1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

question from a new member

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by sebas, Apr 29, 2004.

1. sebas

sebas Junior Member

Hello,

This is my very first thread on SDN and i am very glad i discovered this site. I believe it is going to be hepfull especially since i am not very familiar with the application process to US medical schools (Osteopathic). I have so many questions to ask ; i guess i will start if this one.

I wrote the MCAT this past April (2004) and i am very confused.

Are my scores going to be send directly to AACOMAS ?
    Secondly, does someone know by any chance the email of the person to talk to at AACOM?

Thank you

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Contact AACOMAS through wheir website http://aacomas.aacom.org

As for scores going directly to AACOM, it depends on whether you designated them when you took the MCAT. If not, you have to contact someone at the company that does the MCAT (who that is, I am drawing a blank).

You can ask us lots of questions if you like, we will answer what we can. Where in Europe are you from? Are you a permanent resident? I ask because setting up practice as a US trained Osteopath can be difficult depending on your country of origin. We have full practice rights in Italy, but limited in most other countries.

Good Luck,

WannabeDO

4. Robz

Robz La Vie Boheme
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I believe they did away with the option of sending them different places on the day you took your test. Now scores are released online and you can designate them there. A a bonus it no longer costs for you to send your scores to anyone. This change happened in the April 2003 MCAT along with the other scholastic changes on there as well.

5. Doctor Peloncito

Doctor Peloncito Family Physician
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

Ahh, I took it in 2000, so I did not know this. Good to know :)

6. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi and welcome to SDN [​IMG]

After taking the MCAT you can go to the AAMC web site.
    https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/

There will be a link where you can release the scores to ACCOMAS and/or AMCAS. They will send them for you and you don't have to pay, whihc surprised the heck out of me.

Here is what the web page says now about the additional test releases.

""""The MCAT Additional Score Report (ASR) system has been discontinued.
    On Monday, June 9th ASR was replaced with a new MCAT Testing History (THx) system.
    The New MCAT Testing History (THx) Report System
    A new way of reporting MCAT scores has arrived: the Testing History (THx) Report. This new online system was designed to simplify the process for examinees and schools and to implement the MCAT's new "Full Disclosure" policy. "Full disclosure" means that all 2003 (and later) MCAT scores will be automatically made available to institutions when scores are reported. All of your 2003 and later scores are automatically released to AMCAS. The new THx Reports automatically include your entire history of MCAT performance from 2003 onward. AMCAS will also receive any older (1991 - 2002) scores that you have ever released to AMCAS. The THx Reports will show only the older scores that you have chosen to send.

Some schools and application services have designated themselves as "full disclosure schools," meaning that they require your entire MCAT history as part of your application. Those schools are in a different list on the THx report system. When you select one of them, your entire THx report will go to them; you will not be able to withhold any of your older scores. Most of these schools have always had this requirement, only now the MCAT program is able to assist them by automating the process.

Using the new MCAT THx score reporting system:

All 2003 and later MCAT scores will be automatically released to AMCAS and included in your THx Report.

Scores from 1992-2002 you have released to AMCAS also will be included in your AMCAS applications. To send unreleased scores to an AMCAS school, you may either release them to AMCAS or have a THx Report sent to that individual school.

Scores from 1991-2002 will be included in the THx Report unless you "un-select" them.

You can see your entire testing history, including new scores.

You will be able to print a copy of your testing history for sending to schools that are not on our list. The THx site includes a secure method for schools to verify the accuracy of the scores on the report.

You can access the THx system online at www.aamc.org/mcat beginning June 9, 2003.

Paper requests for MCAT scores earned after 1990 will not be honored. The online THx system will be the ONLY way to send those MCAT scores. The only paper requests that will be honored are for pre-1991 MCAT scores.

It is FREE to send MCAT scores.

April 2003 MCAT scores will be available in the THx system on June 24, 2003.

If you have any questions, please let us know at [email protected].

For more information on this new system, please click here. """

7. BklynWill

BklynWill EM Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ... and that's why her Karma is sky-high :thumbup: .

8. sebas

sebas Junior Member

Thanks to all,

I am sorry if i am being slow with this but i am really not familiar with the application process in the US; this is all new to me. So please be patient

I want to send my MCAT score (April 2004) to AACOMAS . I went to this adress: https://services.aamc.org/mcatthx/ that was proposed by Amy B and i still can't see the link that allows me to realease my score to AACOMAS. Is it possibly because the scores are not out yet ?

Can somebody please help me with this.

Thank you

9. sebas

sebas Junior Member

Nobody is giving me attention. >>

Serioulsy, can somebody please answer my question?

10. DORoe

DORoe BWAAA HAAA HAAA
    7+ Year Member

you probably can't release scores until there are actually scores to release. If the scores aren't in you can't have them sent. That is what I would assume anyway.

11. sophiejane

sophiejane Exhausted
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The best and fastest way to get your questions answered is by contacting AACOMAS directly.

This is just an internet bulletin board populated by students who have all had different experiences, and while we might be able to steer you in the right direction, it's best to go directly to the source.