question from a nontraditional following SN2ed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmStudent305

Garnering Study Tips
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I am a nontraditional who
thought pharmacy was going to be my career. I worked 15 months as a pharmacy tech, scored very well on the PCAT(90) and even got two interviews to Pharmacy school.

After about a year of getting yelled at daily over co-pays for costly brand medications I needed a change of scenery especially a change in career path.

I have all of the required materials for SN2ed schedule. All of the Berkely books, the whole set of Exam Krackers +1001's. My Kaplan on site course starts next week and it includes Kaplan review books. And I have TPR hyper learning biology workbook. Also a useless Barons MCAT book maybe for discrete questions.

**My question is, while following the SN2ed scheduled daily chapter readings, I have to wonder if it would be wise or perilous to enhance/reinforce that days chapter reading with other companies books covering that same topic.

For example, I can read all of BR chapter 1(Translational motion) + 1/3 passages, but also add in Kaplan Physics ch.1 (Kinematics), and Exam Crackers Ch.1 (motion). And maybe do 1/3 of their end chapter questions as well.

I'm a college grad and currently on a long term leave from work, so I have plenty of time to study until my September test date.

Shooting for a 35+

Members don't see this ad.

If you had the time I guess you could do it. But, would it be worth your time? Probably not. The extra practice passages may be worth it, but the content review probably will not do much good. I would only recommend extra content review on topics you feel weak on.

Hello I am a nontraditional who
thought pharmacy was going to be my career. I worked 15 months as a pharmacy tech, scored very well on the PCAT(90) and even got two interviews to Pharmacy school.

After about a year of getting yelled at daily over co-pays for costly brand medications I needed a change of scenery especially a change in career path.

I have all of the required materials for SN2ed schedule. All of the Berkely books, the whole set of Exam Krackers +1001's. My Kaplan on site course starts next week and it includes Kaplan review books. And I have TPR hyper learning biology workbook. Also a useless Barons MCAT book maybe for discrete questions.

**My question is, while following the SN2ed scheduled daily chapter readings, I have to wonder if it would be wise or perilous to enhance/reinforce that days chapter reading with other companies books covering that same topic.

For example, I can read all of BR chapter 1(Translational motion) + 1/3 passages, but also add in Kaplan Physics ch.1 (Kinematics), and Exam Crackers Ch.1 (motion). And maybe do 1/3 of their end chapter questions as well.

I'm a college grad and currently on a long term leave from work, so I have plenty of time to study until my September test date.

Shooting for a 35+
Hi fellow non trad! I would highly suggest Chad's videos as another way to firm up content review besides reading ONE review book. Don't spend an inordinate amount of time on content. Learn it and move forward so you can benefit from what really matters... practice passages. This is not a knowledge tests like in college. This is an application test. Particularly for us, it's hard to relearn all we have to and then apply, but that's the goal. Chad's videos are like getting too go to a review class in your living room without paying thousands of dollars. Good luck!

TBR is wholly adequate for content review. What would help is to gather extra practice passages from other companies, though.