JustinM88

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I believe I have one of the newer BR Physics book versions and for each chapter there are:
Phase I passages I, II, and III
Phase II Passages I, II, and III

THEN, in the BACK of the book, there are:
5x Practice Exams, EACH with 9x passages (they incorporate ALL of the book's chapters)

So,
I understand when SN2ed says, "First 1/3: Review Passage #1",
but I'm not sure which passages to do when SN2ed says, "Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7".
Maybe I should just say Phase I = First 1/3, Phase II = Second 1/3, and Phase III (Choose 4 passages total) = Last 1/3?

Here's the excerpt from SN2ed's thread:
Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third practice passage of all the corresponding practice passages for this chapter. Take passages #1, 4, 7, etc. If you have a version with discretes, take discrete #1, 4, 7, etc. and spend about 1 minute per discrete. If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam.

For instance:

Review Passages #1, 2, 3
Practice Exam Passages #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

First 1/3: Review Passage #1; Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7
Second 1/3: Review Passage #2; Practice Exam Passage: #2, 5
Final 1/3: Review Passage #3; Practice Exam Passage: #3, 6

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Fat_Albert

2+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2017
I believe I have one of the newer BR Physics book versions and for each chapter there are:
Phase I passages I, II, and III
Phase II Passages I, II, and III

THEN, in the BACK of the book, there are:
5x Practice Exams, EACH with 9x passages (they incorporate ALL of the book's chapters)

So,
I understand when SN2ed says, "First 1/3: Review Passage #1",
but I'm not sure which passages to do when SN2ed says, "Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7".
Maybe I should just say Phase I = First 1/3, Phase II = Second 1/3, and Phase III (Choose 4 passages total) = Last 1/3?

Here's the excerpt from SN2ed's thread:
Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third practice passage of all the corresponding practice passages for this chapter. Take passages #1, 4, 7, etc. If you have a version with discretes, take discrete #1, 4, 7, etc. and spend about 1 minute per discrete. If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam.

For instance:

Review Passages #1, 2, 3
Practice Exam Passages #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

First 1/3: Review Passage #1; Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7
Second 1/3: Review Passage #2; Practice Exam Passage: #2, 5
Final 1/3: Review Passage #3; Practice Exam Passage: #3, 6
Hey did you figure it out? I'd like to know this as well. My plan was just do 1 passage from phase 1, then 1 from phase 2, then 1/3 for phase 3. Or all the passages from phase 1 since that's content review (said tbr) then one passage from phase 2 and then 1/3 phase 3

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
My approach would be to replace first 1/3, second 1/3, and third 1/3 with Phase I/II/III respectively.

Reactions: 1 users

JustinM88

2+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey did you figure it out? I'd like to know this as well. My plan was just do 1 passage from phase 1, then 1 from phase 2, then 1/3 for phase 3. Or all the passages from phase 1 since that's content review (said tbr) then one passage from phase 2 and then 1/3 phase 3

when he says "1/3" he means do the first passage AND every third passage after that one.
However, I believe TBR changed their scheme (with us having the new scheme) to fit this SN2ed method. So I believe you should do Phase I for the 'first 1/3', Phase II for the 'second 1/3', and the last 1/3 is where I'm not sure what to do since at this point you are left with those practice exams in the back of the book.

In short, I think as long as you do all of Phase I and Phase II and then do some of those practice tests in the back you'll be fine.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.