SN2ed Study Plan Question

Started by JustinM88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JustinM88

Full Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe I have one of the newer BR Physics book versions and for each chapter there are:
Phase I passages I, II, and III
Phase II Passages I, II, and III

THEN, in the BACK of the book, there are:
5x Practice Exams, EACH with 9x passages (they incorporate ALL of the book's chapters)

So,
I understand when SN2ed says, "First 1/3: Review Passage #1",
but I'm not sure which passages to do when SN2ed says, "Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7".
Maybe I should just say Phase I = First 1/3, Phase II = Second 1/3, and Phase III (Choose 4 passages total) = Last 1/3?



Here's the excerpt from SN2ed's thread:
Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third practice passage of all the corresponding practice passages for this chapter. Take passages #1, 4, 7, etc. If you have a version with discretes, take discrete #1, 4, 7, etc. and spend about 1 minute per discrete. If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam.

For instance:

Review Passages #1, 2, 3
Practice Exam Passages #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

First 1/3: Review Passage #1; Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7
Second 1/3: Review Passage #2; Practice Exam Passage: #2, 5
Final 1/3: Review Passage #3; Practice Exam Passage: #3, 6
 
Last edited:
I believe I have one of the newer BR Physics book versions and for each chapter there are:
Phase I passages I, II, and III
Phase II Passages I, II, and III

THEN, in the BACK of the book, there are:
5x Practice Exams, EACH with 9x passages (they incorporate ALL of the book's chapters)

So,
I understand when SN2ed says, "First 1/3: Review Passage #1",
but I'm not sure which passages to do when SN2ed says, "Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7".
Maybe I should just say Phase I = First 1/3, Phase II = Second 1/3, and Phase III (Choose 4 passages total) = Last 1/3?



Here's the excerpt from SN2ed's thread:
Day 1: BR Physics Chapter #1 + Every third practice passage of all the corresponding practice passages for this chapter. Take passages #1, 4, 7, etc. If you have a version with discretes, take discrete #1, 4, 7, etc. and spend about 1 minute per discrete. If you have the version with both "Review" passages and a practice exam, take 1/3 from the Review Passages and 1/3 from the Practice Exam.

For instance:

Review Passages #1, 2, 3
Practice Exam Passages #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

First 1/3: Review Passage #1; Practice Exam Passage: #1, 4, 7
Second 1/3: Review Passage #2; Practice Exam Passage: #2, 5
Final 1/3: Review Passage #3; Practice Exam Passage: #3, 6
Hey did you figure it out? I'd like to know this as well. My plan was just do 1 passage from phase 1, then 1 from phase 2, then 1/3 for phase 3. Or all the passages from phase 1 since that's content review (said tbr) then one passage from phase 2 and then 1/3 phase 3
 
Hey did you figure it out? I'd like to know this as well. My plan was just do 1 passage from phase 1, then 1 from phase 2, then 1/3 for phase 3. Or all the passages from phase 1 since that's content review (said tbr) then one passage from phase 2 and then 1/3 phase 3

when he says "1/3" he means do the first passage AND every third passage after that one.
However, I believe TBR changed their scheme (with us having the new scheme) to fit this SN2ed method. So I believe you should do Phase I for the 'first 1/3', Phase II for the 'second 1/3', and the last 1/3 is where I'm not sure what to do since at this point you are left with those practice exams in the back of the book.

In short, I think as long as you do all of Phase I and Phase II and then do some of those practice tests in the back you'll be fine.